Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hawking Memorial Obelisk
Hawking Memorial Obelisk
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #91
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Hawking Memorial Obelisk
Didn’t get a chance to relisten to them seriously again… soon.

And Scott gave me the small change needed to fit the less expensive A10.3/10p into these. Expect a plan update soon.

dave
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #92
11opas is offline 11opas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Excellent, looking forward to your impressions!
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #93
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

+1
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #94
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Hawking Memorial Obelisk
I have just given them a quick listen in isolation (so day-to-day factors not canceled out). They are considerably better. Bass has tightened up — we were discussing adding more fill, not so sure now. Not as extended or as defined as A10s in FHXL (i do have a set of FHXLs i might be able to wrangle the Eikona into). They seem quite smooth, maybe too smooth, with some of the edges smooshed over. The soundstage is not as 3D as we have become used to with the EnABLed drivers. Female voices are good but have a bit of a “fuzz” to them as well as a bit of edge obscuring the beauty a bit.

Next i will take the time to compare to the Alpair 10PeN (they are sitting right behind the obelisks so an easy swap, but the real head-to-head will be with Chris’ A10.3eN Pensils (in the shop getting a veneer job).

So lots of time to get more real-world hours on them. If anything like the A10.3 that can be nothing but a benefit.

dave
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #95
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Oh no, those Pensils have been firmly re-ensconced in my HT system since last weekend, so it'll take a special trip to get them to the mountain.

In the meantime, have you bridged the ACA's yet - or still playing around upstream of that point?
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #96
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Hawking Memorial Obelisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Oh no, those Pensils have been firmly re-ensconced in my HT system since last weekend, so it'll take a special trip to get them to the mountain.
You were warned that they would be needed to compare to the Hawling :^)

Quote:
In the meantime, have you bridged the ACA's yet - or still playing around upstream of that point?
Still mucking with upstream stuff.

dave

Hawking Memorial ObeliskHide this!Advertise here!