Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some questions for my first 4 inch
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2018, 04:19 PM   #11
vha is offline vha  Greece
diyAudio Member

I am not very good in all these calculations. I will find and try this software thank you.
I am thinking to build speakers with 2 drivers sealed. how much space do I have to give behind the drivers? the volume is for 14 liters but If I put 1inch of dumping material to the walls how much the volume could be reduced?
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:05 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Somebody may help me to understand the way a JVC shelf speaker drivers are connected inside because when I opened I found no crossover but a tweeter of 8Ω 30W, a mid-range of 8Ω 15W and a (strange)woofer in the back of the enclosure also 8Ω 15W. there only a capacitor connected to the tweeter. The model of the speaker is SP UXD88 4Ω 30W
Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jvc sp-uxd88.jpg (8.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg JVC-SP-UXD88-SPEAKERS.jpg (18.0 KB, 92 views)
Old 2nd April 2018, 01:59 PM   #13
chrisb is online now chrisb
diyAudio Member

The lack of any visible LP filter on the bass drivers may simply mean the design team assessed they have sufficiently smooth roll-off to not require any, and that tweeter was rugged enough to survive with a first order electrical function at the selected crossover point. Nothing new there, really.
Old 2nd April 2018, 05:36 PM   #14
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vha View Post
...I found no crossover... there only a capacitor connected to the tweeter.
As Chris implies, that capacitor is the entirety of the crossover.

dave
Old 12th April 2018, 07:22 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I am preparing to decide the type (sealed or Vented) enclosure and dimensions too. for the 4 inch Faital
FaitalPRO 4FE35 4" Professional Full-Range Woofer 8 Ohm
I read that the optimum volume for sealed would be 5,66 lit and it indicates a Fs of 100Hz, and for vented would be 8,28 lit with the indication of lower Fs to 59 Hz,
Does this mean that the driver produce more bass frequencies with vented enclosure to that volume?
and do I have to add dumping material inside to get this result?
Thank you

Last edited by vha; 12th April 2018 at 07:46 AM.

Some questions for my first 4 inchHide this!Advertise here!