hm double bass horn - mini trombone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Hm,

I find your posting very interesting. And I have been meaning to ask you this for a while now. I am curios a bit more about the concept and philosophy that you have when you came up with this design.

1. Why 2 horns instead of 1?
2. Why 2 different drivers, why not same driver?
3. Why not have rear driver face out like the front driver without need to change polarity..?

Oon

First Tang Band W4-1320SJ 4" Bamboo Cone Driver is one sweet driver, especially voices render really well.
I tried a couple of amps I have but one that sound best to my ears I think is hand made Miniwatt 4 watts amp based on two tubes ECL 86. Being lazy 100% listening these days is Tidal.
Alberti covered pretty well what speakers can do. I will add that there is fullness to the sound that is missing with small full range drivers on its own. Other thing I noticed is that speakers are not in your face and you can listen for hours without fatigue and I believe that the back driver calms the sound as well. Sharpness might be there but is not noticeable. My listening room is roughly 4.5m x 4.5m. Other equipment I used is hifime uda38pro DAC.
Took me almost 6 months to build but I am glad I did, speakers sound very good and well worth the effort.
Lastly want to thank hm for guidance and design.
Kangling Maybe next:).

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.