Alpair 7.3eN/12pw WAW build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dave et al,

Thanks for the port to vent change info and got it.

I'm building the vented version shown in my corrected link of yesterday's second post by me....the one that has a suggested passive xover w cap/ind second order hi pass and single ind first order low pass.

Depending on how they go, I may get inspired and build a second set of cabs that are essentially the bottom half of the two way. These will host just the 12pw's so that I may flip them upside down and set on top of the two-ways to make a two piece MTM.

If this happens I'll use a line level crossover with two amps so I don't need to buy another different expensive inductor that a paralleled lower impedance 12pw load (or a series'd hi impedance load) would call for.

Regards,
Mario

Public Service Announcement: Pay attention to phase.

In trying out different amplification I discovered that my right-side 12pw was wired out of phase.

Yes. It as been that way from the beginning.

Yes. I am a moron.

The sound, both measured and by ear, improved dramatically. Is anyone surprised?:eek:

Attachments

• 20190913_153515.jpg
    20190913_153515.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 383
Thanks, Allen and Dave

I'd certainly be interested in exploring the idea. PLLXO are great, but it makes trying other amps much more complicated.

I might also give the big MTMs a try, which I know have a passive crossover already developed. I sent an email to you about them Dave, but maybe to the wrong address?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.