Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Metronome build question???
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th February 2018, 11:38 PM   #21
phivates is offline phivates  United States
diyAudio Member

I would be interested in the Pluvia 7 plans for my daughter's little place
Old 19th February 2018, 11:49 PM   #22
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Freely available P7 CGR should be here Frugal-phile | Box Library / Mark Audio … looks like i haven’t liked it yet… http://www.planet10-hifi.com/downloa...-15-030216.pdf (note it should be calls a Plu-Ken not a Mar-Ken… tongue-in-cheek for Zappa fans).

Full planset is growing. A few (5?) plans done, but since it includes EL70 set and each of those has need little (mostly none) change to support P7 much larger than that. A subscription includes me doing a missing plan or a custom plan for every subscriber. P7 + EL70 well over 50 pages.

eMail me.

dave
Old 20th February 2018, 07:42 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

I will discuss what she would like and then get back to you. Thanks!
Old 20th February 2018, 10:31 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I guess I have to take on the iCloud thing for email responses both with p10 and craigslist. Comcast isn't recognized, maybe because it sucks. Oh well, the learning curve will keep me from getting older on my birthday in a week right?
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:33 AM   #25
mor2bz is offline mor2bz  United States
diyAudio Member

too bad I did not use the pluvias. I see they have a rising response whereas the ones I
bought had a falling response. I broke them in a bit in small sealed enclosure which did not have too much bass; treble was MIA.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:45 AM   #26
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I’m gonna guess that the EL70s had some variability in the top… i have heard of people wanting to add a tweeter and others who found the top needed taming.

dave
Old 23rd February 2018, 02:19 AM   #27
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

I resemble that remark! Too sibilant for me, most likely thanks to my tinnitus whereas many folks [especially young ones] find a bit of sibilance gives added 'detail'/'sparkle'. They really are pretty impressive with [double] bass and similar, though wish I could hear some distortion to warn me they're getting ready to bounce the VCs off the back plates. Thankfully, my pair are apparently built like a Timex.

GM
Old 24th February 2018, 01:00 PM   #28
mikejennens is offline mikejennens  United States
This speaker DIY thing, it's pretty addicting!
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info. I'll do my best with them. I've learned a bit for any future builds on which I decide the materials.
Mike
Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, Paul Carmody's Sunflowers, Jeff Bagby's Continuums; Planet 10 HiFi's MarkAudio A 7.3 Frugalhorns and MarkAudio CHP-70s, Nola Brio Clones with a Voxel Sub and a bunch of others...

Metronome build question???Hide this!Advertise here!