Jordan Eikona 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These will get a trial run in NP SLOB. Mini DSP HD ordered. Crossed @ 80Hz. Mr. Pass says to skip hertz from 80 and go directly to 160Hz.???????????m I'll use the AN's upstairs or out in the garage. I have 1808 coming also. Speaker rabbit hole!!

Attachments

• DSC_0323 (1).JPG
    DSC_0323 (1).JPG
    143 KB · Views: 545
Well, I'm sorry, but no amount of Qts will let a 4" driver play down to 80Hz in OB. Even 160 is pushing it.

I'm a big advocate that if you have a nice big woofer to help, why not really let it help the often smaller full range driver so it doesn't have to struggle playing down low, and frees it to cleanly play the higher frequencies.

I will often XO in the 250 to 400 range depending on the curves used.

Baffle size and shape not driver size is the main deciding factor. Also bare in mind that the dipole cancellation doesn't happen in the real world quite so simply, you need to take into account distance from front wall and reflections. Crossing over at 160 Hz is perfectly doable

Well, I'm sorry, but no amount of Qts will let a 4" driver play down to 80Hz in OB. Even 160 is pushing it.

I'm a big advocate that if you have a nice big woofer to help.......

I will often XO in the 250 to 400 range depending on the curves used.

Not technically true, but the baffle will be quite wide and power handling would be limited to as little as a fraction of a watt, so realistically not an option.

Me too; a good 'rule-of-thumb' is to XO at the driver's effective [Qts'] mass corner [fhm], which for this driver would be in the ~123-225 Hz range depending on amount of series resistance based on published specs with of course the highest power handling, smallest baffle being with minimal series resistance [~0.5 ohm speaker wiring only].

fhm = 2*Fs/Qts'

Qts' = Qts + any added series resistance: mh-audio.nl - Home

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.