Jordan Eikona 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I finally got my new system up and running and I couldn't be happier! I have the Jordan Eikonas in sealed cabinets over SEAS L26ROY subs with passive radiators in the rear. They are crossed at 120Hz.
I was hesitant to try the Eikonas because of their cost, especially after having lots of luck with the MA Alpair line up. (7.3, 10P, 6.2P...) I can say that I'm not disappointed I took the leap. In my opinion, the Eikonas are worth every penny and they are nothing short of amazing! I have only had them running for a few days now, but I plan on sitting down and doing A to B comparisons with the Alpair 7.3s in the near future. The little bit of comparing I have done (very little, < 1hour) the Eikonas have the edge. Hopefully more to come soon...

20180107_200110.jpg

20180107_200117.jpg

20180107_200105.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I have first reflection treatments on the walls but that's about it.. The bass traps do wonders for clean bass. I was very impressed when I installed them!

As far as the Eikonas, I will sit down hopefully this week and do a proper comparison with the Alpair 7.3s. For me the Alpair 7.3 was the ultimate driver, especially with a woofer helper, but I'm not sure anymore. In the Midrange the Eikonas have the edge, and they also seem smoother in the top end. Having said that, both drivers are excellent and differences are minimal at best! Actually a very tough comparison! Even harder to articulate...

I had a chance to sit down today and compare the Jordan Eikonas and Alpair 7.3. Both in sealed cabinets crossed at 120Hz to subwoofers. First of all, both are excellent little drivers!
The Eikonas are more dominate in the Mid-range and the Alpairs are hotter in the treble. Depending on what music and song I was listening, I liked different drivers. With some music the Alpair sounded thin and almost tinny, but in other songs the Eikona too mid-rangy. This is obviously comparing the drivers to each other, I would never get those impressions auditioning each driver alone...
In general the Eikona has a fullness to it and has a more relaxed and smooth feel to it, while the Alpair is more excitable and has a sharpness to it. For the Alpairs I personally would slightly toe the speakers out and listen off axis, while the Eikonas I have toed in.
Both drivers are extremely detailed and image well. The soundstage is huge and the music has depth to it, for both.
If I had to choose just one driver, I would not know the answer. I have well over 1000 hours on the Alpairs and only about 8-10 on the Eikonas, so I'm used to the Alpairs and the Eikonas have not broken in yet (if you believe in that):)
I had my Dad come over for a listen to get a fresh set of ears on both drivers. He works in a Recording studio and spends his time mixing music and critical listening. It was a blind listening test I gave him, switching back and forth between speakers with many different types of music. His choice almost in every regard was the Eikona. He agreed both drivers were very accurate and pleasant, but for him the Eikonas have the edge.. I'm less convinced then he is but could easily live with either driver.
Over all I'm very happy with the out come of my new speaker set up. Music is powerful and brings enjoyment to life!

P.S. The sealed Alpairs are usually my surrounds for home theater use. I brought them upfront for the comparison...

IMG_0919.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Over all I'm very happy with the out come of my new speaker set up. Music is powerful and brings enjoyment to life!

View attachment 655820

That's what it is all about. Thanks for the feedback.

I must admit, I am a little jealous of your room.
I don't have a dedicated listening (or watching movies) room. Especially that nice beige carpet.

Over here, bugs would be crawling everywhere in that beautiful carpet, and it wouldn't stay beige too long either. Almost everybody walks around bare feet on the streets, fields, ... so it would be so hard to keep it clean!

I really dig your setup.
Happy listening times!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.