Jordan Eikona 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Close but not really. The short circuit over the top is just enuff to kill off enuff of the hiQ driver to have nice, not boomy bass.

dave

Yeah, it really doesn't take a tall or side gap for a dipole to work if it's wide enough. Way back when in a then neighbor's 7.5 ft high, below grade basement we did a 6 ft high false wall OB for a stereo pair of Altec 515Bs, but while it had a mid-bass, lower mids out to the 500 Hz XO to die for, we ultimately finished it off as a stereo pair of ~150 ft^3 IBs to get plenty of 'sweet' bass once coupled to a ~matching impedance.

GM

I finally got my new system up and running and I couldn't be happier!

I can understand your hesitation about the Eikonas mid-range, I have a pair of the mark 1. They are easy to listen to for long periods.

They look really good. Are the cabinets cut shapes from a sheet of plywood, with a hole in the middle? That would make a very strong and stable cabinet (apologies to UK readers for the unintended political reference). Does it use lots of plywood?

Andy

I don't have plans, I just came up with a shape I liked and made sure the volume of the enclosures is correct. Having an odd shape and the cabinet being braced really well, will help with standing waves and maximizing driver output...
I have a MDF plinth (between the monitor and sub) with sticky tack on both sides to help with vibration isolation from the subs...

The Eikona 2s are in sealed cabinets at 5L for volume.
The subwoofers are 40L in volume and are tuned to 25Hz, F3-31Hz, F10-22Hz.

These sound very nice with no corrections.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 401
And when I posted the plot above I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing and still don't. After a few more hours pushing buttons, I came up with this. Still in the dark as to how to use this software. Thanks for the reply Andy.

Attachments

• 8888888888888 530.jpg
    8888888888888 530.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 386
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.