Heads-up: Vifa TG9 for sale at Madisound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
superb driver

i did a double horn satellite with the 8 Ohm version,
the DH SAT dhsat for the DH BASSEL

Attachments

• DH SAT M Folie2 web.jpg
    DH SAT M Folie2 web.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 913
And I've seen a car audio review where the guy really liked the tc9 paper cone better.

The tg9 has a bit of ring in the last octave.
Fiberglass scratchiness i assume from the glass fibers rubbing.
I had a mtm with fiberglass cones but it was crossing maybe 4khz, not sure.

My w4 1337sdf rang at similar to the tg9.
With 10 band eq, i noticed i boosted a little at 8khz and zero at 16khz slider, unlike my normal smiley faced 10 band eq settings. But 40 plus old ears probably can be more tolerant of this than sharper younger ears, or female.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The TG9 8ohms is actually very good. I like the sound a lot - almost as good as a $100 ScanSpeak 10F (also fiberglass).

I am not sure what they did with the 4ohms version but it seems to have very different measurements.

I tested it here and people also listened to it (it is Driver "D"):
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...3in-5in-drivers-round-2-a-17.html#post4328959

It measured quite well (in FR it measured almost identically to the 10F):
483568d1431871307-subjective-blind-comparison-3in-5in-drivers-round-2-blind-compare-round-2-summary-4ms-gate.png

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yup, at $9 a pop, it comes into the TC9 territory for price. Line arrays become an option. I did get my TC9s at even cheaper than that as a bulk order at PE. Might be worth asking at Madi about bulk pricing on the TG9 if someone is investigating drivers for a line array.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.