Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need help with enclosure for Supravox 165-2000EXC
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2017, 08:18 PM   #21
Lowrideris is offline Lowrideris
diyAudio Member

thanks planet10, very good info. what enclosure was next that was good ?
Old 18th December 2017, 08:20 PM   #22
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

We never went further with that driver. For the SupraVox i’d have to look at it specifically. If it didn’t fit in my miniOnken alignment, i’d have to pass off to Scott, and that might take a while, we have lots already on our plate.

dave
Old 19th December 2017, 02:52 AM   #23
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Chris built that enclosure… it sucked.
Yeah, from the 'bad old days' of the first 'full range' forum when these were being experimented with, a typical simmed response using MJK's early WS: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fi...tch?id=1124382

Unfolded pipe with properly designed pipe vent still not as smooth as a MLTL: Voigt Pipe

Damping schemes:

GM
Attached Images
File Type: png TQWT damping schemes.PNG (139.1 KB, 107 views)
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:46 PM   #24
Staudio is offline Staudio  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hello. Is there anybody, who tried or listened to 165GMF?
Old 3rd January 2018, 06:36 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I had. Gmf + supravox tweeter. Dont liked. Bass is good but sound was not phase clrected and sounded verh bad. Better buy 165lb alone. Very good bass mids amd highs . No need help ftom tweeter!
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:09 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrideris View Post
I had. Gmf + supravox tweeter. Dont liked. Bass is good but sound was not phase clrected and sounded verh bad. Better buy 165lb alone. Very good bass mids amd highs . No need help ftom tweeter!
It's suprising. 165 GMF has one of the best whaterfalls and it is one of the most speedy (bl/mms) from all Supravox drivers.
What filtering did you have with 165 GMF?
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:15 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staudio View Post
It's suprising. 165 GMF has one of the best whaterfalls and it is one of the most speedy (bl/mms) from all Supravox drivers.
What filtering did you have with 165 GMF?
i listened to orginal supravox Melodia speaker. so with original filter. and as i said sound was not good.then listened to supravox kelia, and that was very good sounding speaker very recommending.Supravox Kelia
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:16 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i listened to orginal supravox Melodia speaker. so with original filter. and as i said sound was not good.then listened to supravox kelia, and that was very good sounding speaker very recommending.Supravox Kelia
Oh, I see.
And what about 215 rtf64 or 215S, have you compared it to 165? What is the difference in sound?
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:06 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staudio View Post
Oh, I see.
And what about 215 rtf64 or 215S, have you compared it to 165? What is the difference in sound?
RTF i did not listenet. but i had in my apartmends supravox BAHIA with 215 S bic.
very soft romantic sound...internal cabling was terrible,and cheap. instaled jupirter copper in cotton 1.5mm. sound was more precize not so soft and wooly. jupiter cable mod was ideal. also improved 10+ khz region
overal very good speaker fot movies. same league as Tannoy Kensington GR, or even better. in emotional perspective.
so all supravoxes are good, but i now will try TQWT enclosure with 215-200EXC field coils
Old 4th January 2018, 12:55 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
RTF i did not listenet. but i had in my apartmends supravox BAHIA with 215 S bic.
very soft romantic sound...internal cabling was terrible,and cheap. instaled jupirter copper in cotton 1.5mm. sound was more precize not so soft and wooly. jupiter cable mod was ideal. also improved 10+ khz region
overal very good speaker fot movies. same league as Tannoy Kensington GR, or even better. in emotional perspective.
so all supravoxes are good, but i now will try TQWT enclosure with 215-200EXC field coils
I had an idea to to build 2 or 3-way speaker system and to use 165 GMF with ribbon twitter for this purpose (4-6 kHz crossower).
What amplification do you use with supravoxes?

Need help with enclosure for Supravox 165-2000EXCHide this!Advertise here!