need you all to double check me here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
two drivers, bass reflex. upper driver tb w3-2141 (already have it) lower driver dayton audio tcp115-4. box volume = .32 cu ft tuned to 38hz. baffle is 7” wide. crossover first order @ 645 hz with a 30uf cap and a 1mh coil. L pad on the upper driver.

will the L pad at that crossover compensate for the different drivers spl and baffle step at the same time?

is a simple first order xover suitable?

will that dayton audio be able to really play that low or am i missing something on winisd?

Chances are you're going to struggle to get a box that small tuned that low, and you've not checked the vent airspeed yet. That's almost certainly passive radiator territory IMO.

Putting the crossover frequency at the baffle-step frequency should mean the L-pad will control the level above the baffle-step frequency, yes. Only to a point, though - you're using first-order crossovers, so the low-frequency driver will still be contributing quite a lot above the baffle-step frequency.

Are you putting both drivers in the same enclosure volume with the port?
I'd strongly recommend giving the mid-high driver a seperate bit of enclosure so it's not being pushed around by the bass driver.

Chris

the port will fit. the box will be funny shaped. 12.5hx10.5dx7w. the airspeed will probably be ok because i dont play stuff loud, but its a good point and ill double check. what will happen to the high pass driver in the same box as the bass driver? will it act like a radiator thats tuned way to high? ive got that driver in a box by itself right now tuned down to 42hz and it flaps away and makes some pretty impressive bass. do you think the other driver would damage it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.