helper subwoofer for Alpair 7.3 or new FAST /WAW build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a pair of Eikonas... They should arrive in about 2 weeks. Ive got some time off during the Christmas break and will start cabinet construction then. I'm thinking heavy damped sealed cabinet (5L) and then crossed at 120hz to subs, for starts. Looking forward to the results...

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
They would sound best if you bought them yourself, well known fact

No, I’m afraid drivers sound best when provided by a benefactor for free. I am deeply appreciative of all the drivers that many forum members have contributed to the cause over the years for testing and listening impressions. The grand benefactor is Byrtt.
Thank you, Byrtt!

No Eikona in my future though - based on published specs and having listened extensively to over 3 dozen full range drivers I can say that I know what to expect with how they sound vs how they measure based on factory charts and TS parameters.

that's my worry too, the FR shows quite a lot of rising treble response on-axis, and there is no off-axis data published. However, the 10F has the same thing going on when you look at the spec sheet for on-axis and it sounds just fine from all reports. ???

Attachments

• Eikona_2_THD.jpg
    Eikona_2_THD.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 10f.jpg
    10f.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.