Jordan-Watts Modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a large number of new Jordan-Watts Modules, the 2" full range metal speakers from a very high end speaker maker 3 years ago and never got arround to building cabinets for them. They have mounting plates for 2 each. Do they still have value and how would I sell them? I think I have at least 20 but I don't remember for sure. I am a newbe and don't know the rules of your forum, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have some new Focal speakers, as well as some vintage british speakers, like the flat oval woofers (?KEF). I used to build transmission line speakers as a hobby, but I am getting old, and rather spend the time with my grandchildren and traveling.

jordan 50mm not Jordan-watts

I actually have 3 version of the 50mm Jordan speakers, and you are correct, they are not Jordan-Watts. It has been a long time. The first 4 I bought after the article in Speaker builder mag, 2 and 3 of 1984, that I have, and are 100hz to 14khz, have a black guaze in front of them and say Ted Jordan, made in England, and the newer ones are 250Hz and up, if I remember correctly, and the one I just opened had a hand written label with some numbers and 1/88 which I guess is the date. The later ones as mentioned above are the newer 50mm plus 2 or 4 of an even newer one, all hand made by Ted Jordan- I understand these are all older than the Jordan/Bander. I have not opened any of the boxes of these except today to see what they looked like- they are packed 2 to a box and are very fragile, I understand. I bought them from Kirk Neal (see kit report Speaker Builder 39 2/88 and have a number of crossover designs from EJ Jordan dated 5/88 that came with the speakers (I hope that is ok, Kirk), and bought them over the internet in 1999 or so and never opened the package. There were some ?Panasonice ribbon tweeters in the package and some special cable (?Cardes) blue cover with 4 wires inside. I was planning on building some wonderful speakers with it, but my wife died, I remarried and I am retired now and starting to downsize. I have many other vintage speakers and will list them in the near future, but I just discovered this site and didn't realize there would be so much interest. I have a number of speaker catalogs and spec sheets from the 80's and maybe still have some from the '70's.

Thanks for all your interest and response. I did not expect it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.