Jordan-Watts Modules - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2004, 05:02 PM   #1
mrdunn is offline mrdunn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Jordan-Watts Modules

I bought a large number of new Jordan-Watts Modules, the 2" full range metal speakers from a very high end speaker maker 3 years ago and never got arround to building cabinets for them. They have mounting plates for 2 each. Do they still have value and how would I sell them? I think I have at least 20 but I don't remember for sure. I am a newbe and don't know the rules of your forum, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have some new Focal speakers, as well as some vintage british speakers, like the flat oval woofers (?KEF). I used to build transmission line speakers as a hobby, but I am getting old, and rather spend the time with my grandchildren and traveling.
Old 2nd April 2004, 05:17 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you are looking to sell them, post a detailed description, picture and price for them in the trading post forum.
Old 2nd April 2004, 06:16 PM   #3
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

There are people that would give relatives and various body parts for the KEF B139 drivers! The vintage drivers might be sought after too. Post all details in the Trading Post forum.
Old 2nd April 2004, 07:54 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default update

I did not expect to get responces so quickly! I will be gone until Tuesday and will answer any questions then, I have 23 of the speakers plus some 4, 2, and 1 speaker mounting plates.
Old 3rd April 2004, 06:12 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jewilson
What are your plans to sale or build....
Old 3rd April 2004, 08:30 PM   #6
7V is offline 7V  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Could you give some more information on the 2" drivers? They're not Jordan-Watts but could be either Jordan or Bandor.

Interesting.
Old 5th April 2004, 03:34 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default jordan 50mm not Jordan-watts

I actually have 3 version of the 50mm Jordan speakers, and you are correct, they are not Jordan-Watts. It has been a long time. The first 4 I bought after the article in Speaker builder mag, 2 and 3 of 1984, that I have, and are 100hz to 14khz, have a black guaze in front of them and say Ted Jordan, made in England, and the newer ones are 250Hz and up, if I remember correctly, and the one I just opened had a hand written label with some numbers and 1/88 which I guess is the date. The later ones as mentioned above are the newer 50mm plus 2 or 4 of an even newer one, all hand made by Ted Jordan- I understand these are all older than the Jordan/Bander. I have not opened any of the boxes of these except today to see what they looked like- they are packed 2 to a box and are very fragile, I understand. I bought them from Kirk Neal (see kit report Speaker Builder 39 2/88 and have a number of crossover designs from EJ Jordan dated 5/88 that came with the speakers (I hope that is ok, Kirk), and bought them over the internet in 1999 or so and never opened the package. There were some ?Panasonice ribbon tweeters in the package and some special cable (?Cardes) blue cover with 4 wires inside. I was planning on building some wonderful speakers with it, but my wife died, I remarried and I am retired now and starting to downsize. I have many other vintage speakers and will list them in the near future, but I just discovered this site and didn't realize there would be so much interest. I have a number of speaker catalogs and spec sheets from the 80's and maybe still have some from the '70's.

Thanks for all your interest and response. I did not expect it.

Hide this!Advertise here!