BLH / full range / first calculations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as an attachment there´s my first test with online BLH calculator as well as Fostex FE103En driver.

In the middle of an image there´s my initial sketch for a BLH driver / horn installation.

How does it looks..?

How should I continue, with Hornresp ?

TBC,

Jesse

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2017-11-14 kello 16.51.39.png
    Näyttökuva 2017-11-14 kello 16.51.39.png
    696.7 KB · Views: 140
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You would be ahead of the game with FF105wk or, if you can find any, FE103 SOL.

The smooth contours of the horn you have sketched could well lead to too much higher frequencies (>300 Hz) getting out the horn mouth.

For both the drivers i mentioned (and the FE103En) i’d suggest the Frugel-Horn Mk3 which is know to work well with these drivers and uses some obscure tricks to get really good performance.

The horn you sketched is pretty thou.

dave

PS: there is also Woden Vampyr-V, a mass loaded big vent voigt.

Kind thanks planet10 !

I have understood that Its should be below 0.4 on back loaded horns, what do You say..?

Also I´ve red papers from M.J. King (Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design)...

For my would be nice to find a way to gain a pair of speakers for home listening.
The biggest question for me is to find a "right" geometry.

Yesterday evening I did spend some time with Hornresp but I am not having professional skills to evaluate resulting graphs on certain driver with installed TS parameters.

At least I made an interpretation that diaphragm graph was fatal ? in means that FE103En has Xmax of 0.6mm and my graphs went up to 3mm ... and came down to 0.6mm not until 250Hz etc.......

SO, in Hornresp I can manage to list TS parametres. What are the other things to give an eye on ? With which parameters You guys define sizes for throat, mouth and length ?

Cheers,

Jesse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.