Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BLH / full range / first calculations
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2017, 09:39 PM   #1
jessep is offline jessep  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default BLH / full range / first calculations

as an attachment there´s my first test with online BLH calculator as well as Fostex FE103En driver.

In the middle of an image there´s my initial sketch for a BLH driver / horn installation.

How does it looks..?

How should I continue, with Hornresp ?

TBC,

Jesse
Attached Images
File Type: png Näyttökuva 2017-11-14 kello 16.51.39.png (696.7 KB, 103 views)
Old 15th November 2017, 12:59 AM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

You would be ahead of the game with FF105wk or, if you can find any, FE103 SOL.

The smooth contours of the horn you have sketched could well lead to too much higher frequencies (>300 Hz) getting out the horn mouth.

For both the drivers i mentioned (and the FE103En) i’d suggest the Frugel-Horn Mk3 which is know to work well with these drivers and uses some obscure tricks to get really good performance.

The horn you sketched is pretty thou.

dave

PS: there is also Woden Vampyr-V, a mass loaded big vent voigt.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:09 AM   #3
jessep is offline jessep  Finland
diyAudio Member

Kind thanks planet10 !

I have understood that Its should be below 0.4 on back loaded horns, what do You say..?

Also I´ve red papers from M.J. King (Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design)...

For my would be nice to find a way to gain a pair of speakers for home listening.
The biggest question for me is to find a "right" geometry.

Yesterday evening I did spend some time with Hornresp but I am not having professional skills to evaluate resulting graphs on certain driver with installed TS parameters.

At least I made an interpretation that diaphragm graph was fatal ? in means that FE103En has Xmax of 0.6mm and my graphs went up to 3mm ... and came down to 0.6mm not until 250Hz etc.......

SO, in Hornresp I can manage to list TS parametres. What are the other things to give an eye on ? With which parameters You guys define sizes for throat, mouth and length ?

Cheers,

Jesse

BLH / full range / first calculationsHide this!Advertise here!