TEMB35C10-4 OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It’s a wondeful driver, having really excellent dispersion and high frequency extension. I’m now running them in folded “tee-pee” - style foam board baffles, 20”x20”, off-set, floor-loaded, and aimed at listeners. They’re crossed, line-level, at 100Hz, second-order, to a powered Yamaha sub. Integration is very good.

The OBs are sound great, as-is, but I think they’re too big. The research indicating proper baffle size seems to apply to typical drivers, not BMRs. Too big? Too small?

These BMRs excel at solo instruments and small ensembles.

Any help would be great.

Karl

I don’t have a mic. The curve looks too good, but the response sounds quite smooth. There are no obvious peaks and dips. Pianos are full-sounding, and harps are rich in tone. The sound is what I would call “transient-perfect” if I were talking about sealed boxes.

I’ll try to post a pic tomorrow.

BTW: The amp is a Lepai.

S4m -

The narrow baffle corresponds to what I’ve read, which means, in the case of this driver, that it should be no wider than about 90mm. What about height? This parameter seems to be left out of every OB article I read.

Perceval -

The published plot is quite smooth, and nothing sounds harsh, but a mic would be handy!

Yes, the bigger one got the nasty dip.
For my HT they are pleasing and cheap ;)
Not made for musical/HiFi hearing.

I can imagine that the small ones are working great.
I'm thinking about to 3dprint small snail houses for them for desktop usage.

Something else I had seen in the past was a PVC pipe filled with carpet,
so the inside is shaped more like a bullet.
Taking a triangle and rolling it up till it fits :)

I like the "sound" of OB woofers but everything else I prefer in a cabinet.

Just had 4 of the TEMB35C10-4 delivered to me here.
Great experience, ordered on Thursday, here on Tuesday! Pretty cool! And free shipping!

These things are tiny! Barely bigger than a tweeter! They look like candy!

I'm about to hook the up to DATS to verify them, then will slowly put sound to them.

Thanks, I've ran some tests with DATS as well, and it seems to hold.

BTW, calling this a 2" driver is pushing it a bit. The flat cone is about 1.25"

Attachments

• BMR1.png
    BMR1.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,573
  • BMR4.png
    BMR4.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,508
Alright...

Mounting these tiny units is not easy. Not much to work with, not a lot of space for them to breathe either. So as a quick setup, I used some cardboard and made little OBs with them.

Showing some fun. They sound ok, with a good FR, although dropping much faster than I thought with a Qts so high... could be the very small baffle too.

Impulse looks great.

There's potential. I'm going to wire all 4 of them together and see how that looks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20171108_113129.jpg
    IMG_20171108_113129.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 1,623
  • BMR FR.jpg
    BMR FR.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,616
  • BMR IMP.jpg
    BMR IMP.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.