TC9FD Front gasket?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understand it to be for rear mounted applications, but what do you do for surface mount, just leave it and snub the screws down to it, or peel it off and use it on the back side? Seems the screw heads would be better against the metal unless using a washer against it. Seems like a screw would bind it and bunch it up since the gaskets are only glued close to the surround unless you just barely snug it up to it.

Thank you.

I just wasn't sure, that with my luck, that it would be some continuation of the surround and I end up roaching the drivers. I do have some razor sharp little hole cutter tubes I use for paper gaskets on other mechanical stuff. I suppose I could make a clearance for the screw instead of messing with the adhesive residue. Would have been nice if the gasket was meant for dual purpose.

Might be late to the party, but looks like there is a version with no front pressed paper gasket and rear foam Peerless by Tymphany TC9FD00-04 3-1/2" Full-Range Line Array Driver 4 Ohm
- but since these are popular for line arrays or other multiples, a lot of guys wouldn't have problems meeting the 10 + quantity pricing of $11.52 - less than the sales taxes on some of my personal favorites - which are not relevant to the conversation

Might be late to the party, but looks like there is a version with no front pressed paper gasket and rear foam Peerless by Tymphany TC9FD00-04 3-1/2" Full-Range Line Array Driver 4 Ohm
- but since these are popular for line arrays or other multiples, a lot of guys wouldn't have problems meeting the 10 + quantity pricing of $11.52 - less than the sales taxes on some of my personal favorites - which are not relevant to the conversation

Thank you. This is my first with the TC9 and I have only worked with perhaps a dozen other drivers.

Apparently, Peerless has this driver designated for rear mount. I don't mind rear mounded drivers. Kind of wish I would have thought of that option before whittling out the odd shaped recesses. The Aurum Cantus in the Continuums I built is rear mount and I actually like the way it looks as such. Then I wonder if there is an audible performance difference, or if perhaps a waveguide type relief would help, or hurt these bitty drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.