Vented box for bass guitar design - HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't want to mess with new software right now.. (is enough with the software that I learned at work (Im civilian engineer))

So,... yes, I have a four string bass,... 41 Hz the lowest note.. maybe even lower than this in drop D tuning..

And yes.. I was thinking to do two boxes 2x10"... For this is that I pretend to calculate a 2x10" box..

So, guys. At this time I'm totally stuning with yours info...
Maybe I should change the perspective of this thread. Maybe I should asking to you to directly design a 2x10" box with the drivers that I post earlier. So,.. if you were in my shoes,.. what would you do?

I'd size the boxes so that you can fit them in your car, the bigger the better within
reason. Then use an adjustable 3" flared port to try 42 Hz tuning or higher. It will
probably not boom at 42 Hz because there is less output with a smaller box. You can
actually use EQ to boost 42 Hz but you'll need enough power to handle the boost.

Tune and/or EQ lower and you'll get that bass that you feel but maxSPL will be more
limited, tune higher and you'll get more output but less deep extension.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.