5 inch speaker box (Help)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to build a speaker box for my Xtant xis 2.5
These are 5 inch 100 rms speakers.

I am not able to get any more knowledge about these...

But I want to make bookshelf speakers out of them.

Please provide me the dimensions for both sealed and ported speaker box.

I don't want it to be precise, just an estimated guess will be good for me to start!

it appears they are car audio speakers so would likely work in an OB (open baffle) situation.

without a measurement or spec's i'd go for as large of a baffle as as i could get to fit or make a large sealed or aperiodic box and call it a day.

Yes that is true but I want to make bookshelf speakers out of them! Therefore I want parameters for the smallest possible box size I can use, that has good sound quality...

12" tall, 8" wide, 8" deep.
Thanks... I will try this, but I am thinking of a square faced so I will make it 8x8x12... same volume with a square face!

what you "want" and what you "have" don't go together all that well so either get different drivers or accept the results you end up with... that's where it's hard to recommend a size... almost impossible to predict what the sound quality will be.
That is true but we can try... don't know what we get but that is the fun of it!

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.