Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ACA Speaker short list
ACA Speaker short list
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2018, 05:16 AM   #131
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

I wouldn't fuss too much over these small discrepancies... Re, Fs and Qts pretty much match.

Just start building.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:30 AM   #132
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

ACA Speaker short list
+1 they look good and since design is quite forgiving, don’t worry about it. Matching Vas and Qts so that left and right channels have same average values are probably the ones to look for if you insist on some reason to do so. Start building!
Old 3rd April 2018, 04:16 AM   #133
kking85743 is offline kking85743
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
+1 they look good and since design is quite forgiving, donít worry about it. Matching Vas and Qts so that left and right channels have same average values are probably the ones to look for if you insist on some reason to do so. Start building!
Thanks perceval & xrk971, just wanted to make sure things were not too wonky. I'm not particularly familiar with this territory, so I though I'd seek a guide. Moving onward, in my copious spare time...
Old 15th April 2018, 02:59 PM   #134
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

ACA Speaker short list
Here is a possible budget solution to a full size Karlsonator 12 fitted with four PA130-8 in series parallel for 97dB sensitivity. The drivers are MCM but looks and specs appear very close to PA130-8. I just got 8 for $56 shipping included.

Mini Karlsonator (0.53X) with Dual TC9FD's

ACA Speaker short listHide this!Advertise here!