Are those TC9FD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, as a brazilian i do have a shortage of quality hi-fi products (there are the selenium compression drivers, but the woofers are all for "car back sound wall PA to get them b*tches twerkin'") so i get by with the Aliexpress offerings, as last year i got a de-branded pair of Peerless P830986, made a TABAQ Box and they sound amazing.

Then looking at other offerings i saw this: AIYIMA 2Pcs Portable Audio Speaker 3Inch 8Ohm 15W Full Range Fever Horn Hifi Speakers Double Magnetic Speakers-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The diameter measurements are close enough to the published ones, even though they call it 3 inches only. The one difference is the extra magnet (i guess for more "thump" and distortion :bored:). They also sell the P830985, this time calling it by name: AIYIMA 2Pcs 2.5Inch Audio Portable Speakers P830985 4Ohm 30W Full Range Fever Neodymium Cobalt Magnetic Speaker-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

So i would like to know: presuming they are originals (and that is a good question also), could i just chisel/hot air gun the magnet out?

Should do, so long as you go careful. I doubt that extra magnet added 'more thump and distortion' though -more likely the opposite, at least in the former case, increasing damping (lower Q).

Thanks, got it. But since they measure so good stock, further modifications seems weird to me

Is it cheaper to buy from Aliexpress than from Parts-Express in the USA?

No shipping cost and a good chance of not being taxed 50% of the shipment value, versus paying 3x each piece and that 50% a certainty.

TG9FD1008 drivers (notice the "G" instead of the "C") are almost identical, but have a glass fiber cone instead of treated paper. They are apparently slightly flatter in FR (less of a bump around 10kHZ according to what I read), so better, but twice the cost ($22 in stead of about $12 last time I checked here in the U.S.). Either are great drivers if used properly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.