2"-3" fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Works very well as a FLH based FAST or in a Synergy.

A Bookshelf Multi-Way Point-Source Horn

525414d1452942707-bookshelf-multi-way-point-source-horn-105db-distortion.jpg

+1 perhaps one of the best HF capable nicely performing of all full range drivers. Close to an aluminum dome tweeter that reaches down to 150Hz. Mids are also very smooth.

+2 and see pics for reason why as it's built like a tweeter. SB65WBAC25-4 is an excellent option for micro speakers (vented or PR) but for a few dollars more I do prefer Vifa NE95W-04 but that needs 2-3 times the volume which eliminates it for micro use.

Attachments

• SB65_cone.jpg
    SB65_cone.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 380
  • SB65_motor.jpg
    SB65_motor.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 393
  • SB65_motor1.jpg
    SB65_motor1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 361

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have no experience with these but Feastrex makes some VERY expensive drivers ($10k+ i think). You said price wasn't a concern :)

I heard about them through blumenstein audio. I doubt they are listed as off the shelf products. For that money, its probablyncustom work.

Dayton Audio PC83-8

Would like to try 2 of the Dayton Audio PC83-8 3" in a BR 1.5 box. Maybe use an LR2 on one of the woofers for baffle-step. Probably should make a new thread for that, but just thought I'd mention it here in case it is a ridiculous idea for reasons not apparent to me.

Go for either the Fostex FF85wk or Alpair 5.2 I am very familiar with the Fostex and know the Alpair only by reputation. Fostex drivers are not to everyone's taste due to their forward presentation which cat get fatiguing. The Alpair 5.2 is a newer driver so fewer people have heard it. I would suggest that you get the Alpairs and report back so that we can all gain from your experience. The FF85wk is still a fine choice though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.