newbie looking for a full range ob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a decware zen amp, 1.8 watt set tube amp, and i am looking to try the open baffel craze. 4 ohm would be nice, but not required. would like 94bd per watt or better. but at leaat 90db. and would like to keep drivers under/around 200 a pair. any idea's?

P.S. i have a small listening room and a good sub. so im looking for around 100hz-17khz or so.

Haven´t build it myself but known to be a very nice speaker is the Ciare CH250.
96dB; 50-18000Hz, 50W
Here it costs 50€.
You´d have to click "Breitbandlautsprecher" and then Ciare to reach it.

Here´s another thread dealing with that speaker. A pity the pictures are taken from the website (or is it my browser?). That was one hell of a nice speaker (with glass etc.)

Cheers
Jens

Attachments

• ciarech250.jpg
    ciarech250.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 563
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
The Ciare site is at www.ciare.com

It is very slow loading if you use dialup, like I do.

I could not get past the first page-it hung up. However, I have checked out Ciare webpage in the past. They have a full webpage, along with some interesting drivers on it. Just does not seem to be operating right now.

They give a phone number on the one page I could get to-the consumer products division. They showed pictures of drivers on the page. As a last resort, I would give them a call, hope that there is someone in the office who speaks English, and find out who the American distributor is. Or what it takes to order direct.

Here is the phone number:
+39.071.792.2010

Here is the fax number:
+39.071.792.6676

I know Australia had a distributor of their speakers, so it is a good bet that North America has one as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.