Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SAL Full Range Drivers
SAL Full Range Drivers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2017, 06:42 PM   #171
WalterW is offline WalterW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

SAL Full Range Drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
Hi, if you are using a "super tweeter" move it as close to the wideband as possible to minimise comb filtering
Thanks, I had the same idea, but was in a doubt because the Super tweeter is often used with the supplied wooden holder to be put on top of an existing speaker...???
This is just a test baffle from cheap MDF, the definitive version will be of Baltic birch plywood and I will correct it then.
Old 4th November 2017, 06:46 PM   #172
diyAudio Member

SAL Full Range Drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Walter, that network you mentioned is talked about in post 13 .
Woody, yes I have read that many times, but it doesn't answer my question.
Like I said the 4KHz doesn't match with my 7.1 KHz calculation??? or maybe I am totally wrong???
Old 4th November 2017, 06:50 PM   #173
diyAudio Member

SAL Full Range Drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadut View Post
I'm using different fullrange for OB, but settled T90a like yours with 0.47uF AN copper. i'd rather leave the Fullrange without any filter at all. I tried hpf with 100uF or pllxo to protect the cone from damage during bluray movie, but it suck out good midbass during music session, decided to use separate 3way floorstand for movie. however my subwoofer is using active dsp with lpf @80Hz 24dB which blend nicely with FR.
Thanks for the tip! I will listen to the combination without the 100uF also.
Funny you came to the exact same value as I did. Also funny I also ordered yesterday a Audyn True Copper Max capacitor 33Euro's for 0.47uF
Old 5th November 2017, 12:51 AM   #174
gadut is offline gadut  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterW View Post
Thanks for the tip! I will listen to the combination without the 100uF also.
Funny you came to the exact same value as I did. Also funny I also ordered yesterday a Audyn True Copper Max capacitor 33Euro's for 0.47uF
based on T90a pdf, it should be paired with 1.5uF & Lpad, but when I tested it in low volume, the sound seems stressed, 0.47u is perfect airy. my capacitor test with solen, rusia caps, ampohm, vishay 1822 and finally audionote is my choice

looking at SAL 5.5xmax 0.8 qts, it has potential for extra bassboost, you might try it gently. with my 8" fullrange, 3mm xmax and 1.3 qts, i used opamp tone control to add more bass and the result is amazing. it gives more 'weight' to music which has different character than 15" or 21" bass. T-bass seems interesting instead of using opamp for precious SIT amplifier or other FW clone :kidding:

Last edited by gadut; 5th November 2017 at 12:53 AM.

SAL Full Range DriversHide this!Advertise here!