New 15" full range - FANE

Can anyone explain to me how - 12 inch driver has Le - 1.56mH and 15 inch driver Le - 0.165mH?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Is this a typo?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,127
"Mine are just used in a living room at low volume so never get broken in.
Probably explains why bass is a little lacking."

Playing them at low volume can explain why bass is a little lacking. Our ears aren't very good at hearing low frequencies at low volume. Look up "Fletcher-Munson contours". This is what the "loudness" control was for. Sadly, most (all?) manufacturers of preamps, integrated amps and receivers have made the idiotic decision to eliminate all useful controls over the past 20-30 years.

Use a tone generator. Or make in sound editor wav with tone. Put it at 35Hz for half an hour. On some tolerable volume. Problem solved.:D

Another way is to just use it in a narrow baffle for a few weeks first, using EQ to force some bass out of it.
These drivers are fairly stiff, so even with a bit of help there is a lot of mechanical resistance left.

Out of curiosity, my current iterations are also FR without any baffle at all. The bridge over the H frame isolates the FRs from bass vibrations.

To my surprise the FR sounds full bodied and NOT thin. The FR pictured is not Fane but another FR as I am enjoying FR rolling too. FR runs from tube amp and woofer from solid state. Sounds very musical and extends under 40Hz. Woofer crossed at 125 Hz but still the whole setup sounds very nice and coherent.

All my FRs are high dB rating and high Qts.

H frame.jpg