diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/)
-   -   Audax Full Range (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/30846-audax-full-range.html)

Kekkonen 24th March 2004 01:26 PM

Audax Full Range
 
Does anyone know good Audax fullranges?

Must be quite cheap also :D (I know, They can't be cheap and good same time, Can't they?)

Other fullranges can be suggested too.

And how about Jordan Jx-92?

sreten 24th March 2004 06:44 PM

audax did make an 200mm unit, haven't seen for sale for a while.

:) sreten.

till 24th March 2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

And how about Jordan Jx-92?
is that one cheap?

BrianGT 24th March 2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by till


is that one cheap?

Depends on what you would consider cheap:
http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=JX92S
That is what it would cost me to get a pair. I am not sure what they cost in Europe.

I still consider them a good deal, with the quality they produce, without having to spend money on a 2 way with a crossover. I like the range that they provide. I miss my JX92S mini-monitor speakers, which I sold to a friend a couple of weeks ago.

I am going to rebuild them in TLs, if the US exchange rate goes back down (US price jumped from $110 each to $140 each, while the CDN price stayed the same.)

--
Brian

Otherwise 24th March 2004 07:12 PM

I have experience from Monacor sph-200x 8" and sph-60x 5" drivers. Both are moderately priced (someone could even say cheep) and price/performance ratio is excellent IMHO.

And what the manufacturer doesn't tell: both of 'em have ferrofluid in the gap!

Rudolf 24th March 2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know good Audax fullranges?
The German fullrange dealer Spectrum Audio tells us that this one is the only FR speaker by Audax remaining in production :( :

http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/audaxAP080M4.html

Tomac 24th March 2004 09:21 PM

I've made a ML TQWT with a Monacor sph-60x.It is a pretty good and cheap FR driver.You can get them for 20 euro each.It has very sweet sounding midrange...at least for my ears;)
cheers
tomac

Kekkonen 25th March 2004 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianGT


Depends on what you would consider cheap:
http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=JX92S
That is what it would cost me to get a pair. I am not sure what they cost in Europe.

IBrian

They cost about 160 euros each in finland so they aren't so cheap at all.


Quote:

Originally posted by Otherwise
I have experience from Monacor sph-200x 8" and sph-60x 5" drivers. Both are moderately priced (someone could even say cheep) and price/performance ratio is excellent IMHO.

And what the manufacturer doesn't tell: both of 'em have ferrofluid in the gap!

How much those are in Acom oy?


Quote:

Originally posted by Rudolf


The German fullrange dealer Spectrum Audio tells us that this one is the only FR speaker by Audax remaining in production :( :

http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/audaxAP080M4.html

I think that Elfa has still some other model check it out. www.elfa.se

Otherwise 25th March 2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kekkonen

How much those are in Acom oy?

Sp-200x was about 58 and sph-60x ~37. You might save some twenty euros by ordering from Germany.. for example Hifisound. Acom is quite expensive place..

IanHarvey 25th March 2004 10:31 AM

Re: Audax Full Range
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Kekkonen

And how about Jordan Jx-92?

I\'ve just built a pair of smallish JX92S-based monitors -

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=28899

- which were cheap by most standards (in the UK at least) and incredibly simple. With no EQ / baffle-step correction, they're a bit bass-light, but that's easy enough to fix. Their main strength is very, very good imaging - instruments' positions are well-focused and stable, and there's a lot of depth to the image.

Cheers
IH


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2