New limited edition Fostex driver: FE88ES-R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If any of you have been lusting after some of the more exotic Fostex stuff normally not available outside of Japan like I have, you may want to check out the the Single Driver Forum at:

http://f18.parsimony.net/forum31999/

where a very small group of us are attempting to get a shot at pre-ordering the new FE88ES-R which looks like an awesome driver for those interested in perhaps the ultimate small fostex full range. A pair of these in small horns or Solo103 monitor style cabs crossed over to a sub between 80 and 120 Hz would potentially make a very high quality system. A picture of the new driver and a few specs can be found at:

http://www.koizumi-musen.co.jp/fe88es-r-1.htm

If you are interested, please make your intentions known as the more solid potential purchasers we can round up the better our chances of working something out with a distributor.

Regards,

Greg Jensen

Yes, but please keep in mind a couple of things:

1) Not sure if this is even do-able yet, I hope to hear some solid news in the next few days.

2) If it is do-able, then you have to factor in special order and shipping costs, and that will probably add significantly to the cost per pair. If we find a distributor who will bring into the U.S. and then charge us individually for shipping to our homes, then those who do not live in the U.S. may have to add even more to the cost per pair... who knows, this all speculation....

All I can tell you is that a few of us involved so far seem pretty motivated to find a way to make this happen and to keep the costs as reasonable as possible for all involved. Hopefully I will have more to report soon.

Fostex FE88ES-R

I have been looking at the Japanese sites, and it was released on the 22th of March. They have called it a limited edition and made only 1400 of the drivers, at least that's how my Japanese wife translated it to me. The rate here in Japan today is about 104 yen to the dollar or about a $115 per driver. Will post back after my wife makes a few phone calls to Akihabara.

Aloha,
Wendell;)

Wendell,

Cool, thanks for posting. I caught your ping over on the single driver forum, hopefully Quest will get in touch with you soon. As I mentioned over there on one of my posts, I did find an exporter who would ship 5 paris to the US for $1,400.00 which I thought was a pretty fair deal. I am anxious to see what else we come up with for options and then a plan to get an order in.

Thanks again for looking into this....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.