Mini Tower Line Array using Pluvia 7's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
ICG thx! You are familiar with Audiosource?
The Audiosource Amp 3 is not currently in bridge mode (Although you do see 2 Amps in the pic ;))... Thanks for the warning... I'm going to rewire the subs for 4 ohms, since I'm using the one amp. I am aiming to have the second sub done in a few days and raize God almighty hell. Forgive me

No but I've read the datasheet. And I've repaired a lot of amps. Quadrupling (or more) the drawn current isn't something amps are excited looking forward to. ;) And the protection does not always work as good as expected.

No but I've read the datasheet. And I've repaired a lot of amps. Quadrupling (or more) the drawn current isn't something amps are excited looking forward to. ;) And the protection does not always work as good as expected.

Indeed, the output devices and/or power transformer may fail to protect the mains fuse. All kidding aside, there is no warranty against the product being used outside its safe operating area.

Dr1v3n and all the contributing members, I'd like to think you all for this fascinating discussion. Although I joined this forum several years ago, I've not visited until recently. I read the whole thread. It was quite a journey!

Sir, I live in Cary. Maybe I can visit you sometimes ;-)

Dr1v3n and all the contributing members, I'd like to think you all for this fascinating discussion. Although I joined this forum several years ago, I've not visited until recently. I read the whole thread. It was quite a journey!

Sir, I live in Cary. Maybe I can visit you sometimes ;-)

Glad you enjoy the thread and welcome back. You live in the containment area for relocated yankees? I used to work there. PM if interested

Rewind back to Post #165 about 4 months ago and I've made a few changes and progress listed below.

1) I tried and abandoned the larger .15cuft PVC enclosures. So all are ~.096cuft stuffed lightly with fiberglass. Not more than 1/4lb per.

2) No AMT tweeter. Not necessary.

3) No EQ (yet) except for 200Hz high pass for the full range, and low pass for the subs.

4) Internal wiring with a single strand cat5E solid wire abandoned due to wires cracking too easy. 8 strands are now crimped with spade connectors each for positive and negative.

5) 2 custom Amps driving 8 drivers are complete. Parts in for the 3rd amp are in, so I can listen to 1 channel very soon. More on these amps soon.

6) The mini ITX 1U rackmount computer is complete and running in the living room! It runs REW and has great capability so I can post FR easily. I hope you guys can help me out here with Impulse response and Phase plots...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.