Transmission Line Speaker Build using Alpair 7.3 speakers, first build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
or just put up with them and get on with trying to enjoy a non-perfect world

Yes! Gives the speaker character IMO.
But that huge dip between 200-300Hz is maybe a result of the enclosure since it is so prevalent.
Anyway, I'd be happy the response almost goes to 20kHz! That's the proof I wanted in my particular measuring session.

I'd be curious what the FR is at your listening position.

Yes! Gives the speaker character IMO.
But that huge dip between 200-300Hz is maybe a result of the enclosure since it is so prevalent.
Anyway, I'd be happy the response almost goes to 20kHz! That's the proof I wanted in my particular measuring session.

I'd be curious what the FR is at your listening position.
I think it's 2 things. He has the speaker on a table, the table is close to a wall (344ms / 250Hz / 2 = 0.68m) and the room mode.

Last edited:
Sam - if that's my own systems (2 actually) about which you're curious, there hasn't been an in room measurement taken in my home in the past 15yrs. Just not something over which I can sport wood, I'm afraid.

Don - yes, I think that measurement conditions are far from eliminating near-field reflections - or at least simplifying them as I think the technique espoused by Chris Strahm at Linearx - i.e. hard surface ground plane at 2 meters, enclosure configured was driver(s) acoustic center as close to the floor as possible in as large an open space as available. Middle of a dead quiet football field would be nice, but in the real world ....

That said, even with "more ideal" conditions there may still be some degree of that glitch at around 200Hz that I think Perceval attributed to phase inversion that will remain as an artifact of the design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.