FAT (not FAST / WAW) with 15" fullrange in OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys. :)

The speakers were not measured in my living room, but in a smaller room, that also has just one couch and bass traps in all 4 corners. I also took something like 30 min moving the speakers around the room to pick the best response spot. I ended with them about 1.5m off the back wall and 1m off the side wall.

I didn't A/B between the OB and a closed box... but yes, it was quite stunning in terms of clarity and tightness, all the way down to the lower frequencies.

Wished I had time to do more tests and more listening, but unfortunately, I had to surrender the room back to its present purpose... a study room.

One day, that will be my listening room, I hope!

Did you look at post #38, first picture, the green line was my FR. Goes down quite low for a 15" on OB. Good output. Ad the best, it wasn't done by boosting the lowend, as to introduce a lot of distorsion. There wasn't any boost in the initial EQ part, only cuts to lower peaks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.