Vulcan FE206En with amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built Scott's Vulcan design for the FE206En about 2yrs ago. I can't thank Scott enough for how much fun that project started for me. I currently use a parafeed 2a3 amp that I'm totally happy with. I was reading a thread earlier today,around 2008, regarding bsc network and blh cabinets, and the possible need for bigger umph amps in these situations sometimes. If I am not taking that thread out of context. I am wondering if the cabinet can be thought of as a type of bsc so there might be some benefit to using a bigger amp than the 2a3 in those situations when the cabinet is designed to filter out the issues. That is only applicable if the Vulcan corrects the speaker that way though I think. I haven't listened to another amp with my speakers so I don't really know. I am sure it's a try it thing. Any opinion if it would be a worthwhile adventure into bigger amp world would be appreciated. I am thinking Dynaco ST-35. If I had to say what am I looking for it may be a bit more mid and lower mid fullness/weight. It's pretty good now. I don't know if more power or different amp topology might do even more is better. Maybe a baby grand piano to a concert grand piano feel. It's also helpful just to type it here clearing my conscience. Also sometimes you have to date around to grow up.
Thanks
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.