Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2017, 11:41 AM   #901
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

I could test a single ended input to the UcD but it would require a cable that I don't have. Focusrite is 1/4" jacks and UcD has XLR input. I would need to cannibalise some other cables to get the right connectors. I have run out of test time now and don't see the opportunity for more for quite a long time.

I checked DC offset on the LKS DAC and it is very low at 0.6mV, the balanced output is trimmed to 0 but that doesn't change the single ended output offset at all.

I had a few Jriver crashes after so maybe Jriver and the cheap Amanero clone caused a DC spike that shut down one channel, the other answer is that the power supply for that channel is faulty, and I would prefer that not to be the answer. I put the Focusrite interface back in so I will see if that helps.
Old 10th October 2017, 07:48 AM   #902
diyAudio Member

I may have found the cause of my amp shutdown issue, not 100% confirmed yet though.

It has happened every time I played Flamingo by Infected Mushroom, which seemed a little too coincidental hmmm....

So I checked the spectrum with Audacity and got this, that level of ULF could be enough to trip the DC protection in the First One 1.4 as it is DC coupled. Time to try a steep High Pass at a low frequency and see if that fixes it.

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet-screen-shot-2017-10-10-3-39-21-pm-png
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.39.21 pm.png (230.1 KB, 442 views)
Old 10th October 2017, 11:09 AM   #903
diyAudio Member

I tried a Linear Phase 96dB low cut filter at 15Hz Q1 which is basically a brickwall and it wasn't enough. I got 4:30 into the track before the left channel shutdown again....

Looks like I'll have a try a coupling cap and see if that stops it from tripping.
Old 10th October 2017, 11:36 AM   #904
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Good luck troubleshooting, if you need another trigger it could be the track you shared that ended life gkh's Yamaha's.

Mike Dawes - Overload - Solo Guitar - YouTube
YouTube

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10th October 2017, 01:24 PM   #905
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Here another trigger candidate in CD quality, length is very short and first two seconds create below spectrum.
Attached Images
File Type: png waters_first_2sec.png (65.9 KB, 197 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DC_trigger_test.zip (852.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 9th March 2018, 10:10 PM   #906
8ntractor is offline 8ntractor  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default sonopan

Hi I know this is an older thread but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried lining a br cabinet with sonopan the density is very high. thanks

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC CabinetHide this!Advertise here!