Smallest, most powerful

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

simple question. What are the smallest, highest power "full range" speakers you can get and where from? Google searches just get hijacked by all the crappy bluetooth box vendors.. anyone know?

Thanks,

Theo

that would be devialet's phantom silver...

Attachments

• devialet.png
    devialet.png
    146 KB · Views: 259
I was thinking even smaller, but I like the back to back speaker design. I may try that with these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pc...lt&btsid=9b5fcf57-1fe4-4e5b-9d67-bd5bf4b92b2c

There are lots of 1/2 boominator builds, if the full size is too much.

Those Peerless drivers might be great as nearfield computer speakers, but at 81.6dB/watt, are not 'powerful' - they are not what I'd use outdoors.

Most pro drivers will be about 10dB louder with the same amount of power, and will thus give you a lot more output / battery life.

Hi,

simple question. What are the smallest, highest power "full range" speakers you can get and where from? Google searches just get hijacked by all the crappy bluetooth box vendors.. anyone know?

Thanks,

Theo

The smallest serious full range drivers start at 3 inches. Great high quality examples of this size would be the Fostex ff85wk and the Alpair 5.2, 6, and 6p drivers.

and where from?

I realised nobody answered this bit.

Locally, you can try op shops, hard rubbish and similar if you want to recycle / salvage parts. I have some midwoofers I'm happy to give away (if you're in Melbourne).

Online, Parts Express is a good US supplier.

Online (locally): Stereo Net (classifieds), Etone, Cannonsound, DJ city, SpeakerBits & The Loudspeaker Kit.

VFM audio have a pro 6" and pairs of piezo tweeters for that look good for a mini boominator. The woofer looks very well built for Aus $40.

Attachments

• VFM.jpg
    VFM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 120
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.