Speakers in a tube???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got the itch to build, but my garage is rather cool right now, so I'm looking for some indoor builds. I'm looking into the Cornu-spirals, but I have another idea as well. I have several fiberboard tubes approximately 4" diameter and larger. A la Plutos, but on a much smaller budget. I have a pair of RS40-1354 drivers and a few pairs of the Tang Band W3-879 drivers.
So... will someone kindly point me in the direction of something explaining how to arrive at tube length and possible vent size? Or, if you already know, would you be willing to share that info???

Here are the parameters of the TB driver, according to Parts Express:
Three-inch paper cone driver with a rubber surround; Power Handling: 15 watts RMS/30 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 3/4" * Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms * Re: 6.6 ohms * Frequency range: 105-20,000 Hz * Fs: 105 Hz * SPL: 86 dB 1W/1m * Vas: .06 cu.ft. * Qms: 7.22 * Qes: .65 * Qts: .59 * Xmax .5 mm * Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 3-5/8", Cutout Diameter: 3", Mounting Depth: 2", Magnet Diameter: 2-5/8"
Tang Band W3-879S 3" Shielded Driver

Thanks,
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.