First Constant Directicty Fullrange Omni Enclosureless Speaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I wasn't going to respond, but want to so that someone else does not get ripped off. As far as I know, you cannot patent an idea, only the process to make the product. Also, anybody can build what is in the patent for their own experimentation, you are just not allowed to sell it. So, if the patent is clear enough, there is nothing stopping anyone from building a prototype for their own curiosity and experimentation. No fees needed.

Please read other threads on this device on diyaudio:
Goodbye ! No more speakers with cones !

Last edited:
I'm going to side with the late great member sreten on this one.

This thing never made it past the point of experimentation.

As the owner is unwilling to do more research on this, it would be cool to let some grad student work on it as the base of a master's degree, for the sake of research.

But the .. ahem... protective side of the owner of the obscure patent would surely not allow that.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
But this is basic characteristics figures that a serious provider must be able to provide. If these numbers are unknown or are a secret noting will happen. Even RR nowadays state their engine PS. The market just didn't take their word for it. That is was "enough".

//

Trolls
The troll are trolling! It is the same people and the same type of people.

This would be hilarious if not for the fact that these cyber bullies are stiffing free speech.

Actually, sir, you just responded in the exact way you, yourself, describe what a Troll is. Right here:

The goal of a troll is to shut down a discussion. “Nothing here to see folks because I say so.” They’re bullies of the worst kind. Loveless, hatefilled, individuals, who want no one else to voice an opinion unless these self appointed arbiters of truth have anointed them.

Many of us have been asking for DATA, something you could share for the audio world to be excited about.

Instead of doing so, you turn the discussion around and try to start a complete different subject that has nothing to do with audio.

I came here with a genuine interest on the matter, and you turned it into a clown show.

You have nothing to show for besides a lame patent, obscure pictures, a pointless frequency response graph as good as a washing machine sound output, a crappy Youtube video that sounds so bad nobody would even consider building the thing, and an attitude bound by avarice.

In this whole thread. and the other one I perused through, you've been nothing but the definition of a troll. Making bold claims, and when people ask you for proof, you try to turn the conversation on a personal level, that has nothing to do with audio,.

Leasing-monger seems a fitting expression here.

Funny how there is a type that discover something new and innovative that yet don't have a new and innovative way of communicating their revolutionary idea. It seems invariably to be based on minimal information, dubious claims, guessing games, fruitless question and answer sessions, the implication that everyone else is dumb and conflict.

I am still intrigued despite Planot's intransigence.

What ever form the vane takes it seems to me that the motor or solenoid is most critical - quiet, long throw, wide band width etc. Dare I de-cone a couple of old drivers and use them anti-phase as short throw solenoids? Remember that old acorn - the closer the couple the less the torque!

Incidentally, I've just fired up the Wayback machine, and I see that the 'Demos' page has not been updated since at least 24 June 2016...

Try 2012 for the "Testimonials" page...

Where the owner lists himself in the testimonials (Isn't it kinda liking your own post in FB?), along 3 others we are supposed to believe know anything about music and sound reproduction (if real at all)?

Why am I still here?
There is no data this thing can perform any better than my washing machine that, if you think and let your imagination fly around, almost uses the same technology.

I feel these threads (and his website) look like all those pictures of UFOs from the 60's and 70's, fuzzy, out of focus, where we are supposed to believe the frisbee is actually a flying saucer from another world.

fotonlo1947_0.jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am still intrigued despite Planot's intransigence.

What ever form the vane takes it seems to me that the motor or solenoid is most critical - quiet, long throw, wide band width etc. Dare I de-cone a couple of old drivers and use them anti-phase as short throw solenoids? Remember that old acorn - the closer the couple the less the torque!

Better to take apart a dead hard disk from your computer. The head drive mechanism uses a rotary voice coil in powerful Nd magnets to achieve incredible torque and acceleration needed for millisecond seek times. You can drive them directly with an audio power amp.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.