full range (open baffle) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2004, 10:45 PM   #11
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Konnichiwa,

Quote:
Originally posted by then_dude
why do i limit myself ?

well i don't, ebay does it for me,
Try the readily available Ciare 10" or Beyma 8" Dual Cone Drivers already discussed in thishere place. The cost is sufficiently low (and much below E-Gay for Goodmans Axiom - I guess I hyped them too hard) to just consider it "Course Money".....

Sayonara
Old 9th March 2004, 01:24 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

the ciare has a nasty bump at 3 and 5khz,

and the goodmans, saba, telefunken don't cost as much as an ciare, so that isn't the problem,, ,i have thought about the ciare though, but if i can find a driver that goes flat from 100hz until 10khz then i would be better, don't you think

btw: i buy always on the germain ebay, in belgium you can't find anything decent. if i don't find my gear i will eventually buy a chiare, we 'll see,
Old 9th March 2004, 07:55 AM   #13
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
the ciare has a nasty bump at 3 and 5khz
It would be interesting to hear Norbert's comments on how this translates in practice.

If you can wait/search a bit longer, then I would still say look at the 201/301.

BTW, I have just included a small sub in my system while I wait to get a dipole bass system and the results are stunning.

I heard a pair of rebuilt ESL's recently in a top-class system but at the risk of offending the owner I would say that my OB's sound better.
Old 9th March 2004, 09:06 AM   #14
Rudolf is offline Rudolf  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
the ciare has a nasty bump at 3 and 5khz,
Hey then_dude,

are you refering to the SPL graph at spectrumaudio.de or do you have access to independent measurements showing the same peaks? If so, please share your knowledge with me

If your statement only relies on the SPL graphs on that site, you wouldn´t buy neither the Supravox HP215RFT Signature Bicone nor the Fertin FLB20D40SMK2. Both belong to the top category of fullrange drivers available.

I believe that the experience of same knowledgible users of this forum is a better guideline sometimes than the hunt for rulerlike SPL graphs on axis

Rudolf
Old 9th March 2004, 11:12 AM   #15
Anne is offline Anne  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Try the readily available Ciare 10" or Beyma 8" Dual Cone Drivers already discussed in thishere place.
Have you heard the Beyma 8AG/N? How would this driver compare to monacor sp200x or visaton bg20?

The last two I can pick up locally. Combined with a motorola piezo, it would make a very cheap 'bedroom' system. Problem with beyma is very high fres, wich would require a subwoofer even in a small room. Since I have a dsp, I could equalize for dipole rollof with visaton or monacor.

Ciare looks very extended, and has very nice parameters for open baffle. probaly the best choice?
Old 9th March 2004, 02:58 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudolf

Hey then_dude,

are you refering to the SPL graph at spectrumaudio.de or do you have access to independent measurements showing the same peaks? If so, please share your knowledge with me

If your statement only relies on the SPL graphs on that site, you wouldn´t buy neither the Supravox HP215RFT Signature Bicone nor the Fertin FLB20D40SMK2. Both belong to the top category of fullrange drivers available.

I believe that the experience of same knowledgible users of this forum is a better guideline sometimes than the hunt for rulerlike SPL graphs on axis

Rudolf

hello rudolf, no i have only looked at the graph, offcourse the flatttter is better, but indeed, a lot of good drives have some bumps in there range. But if you look at a coral which is flat within 2db for 100 to 10000hz, that isn't bad either.
enfin, we"ll see, i'm on the search

at this moment i have found the saba 9" which would has the bump at 7khz,,,(somebody said this on the forum), and some goodmans, if they don't cost an arm and a leg,,, il buy them,
and let you know how it works out
bye

Hide this!Advertise here!