DIY Speaker event Warwick UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It was quite formal last time, with talks from Dr Scott, Mark Fenlon and myself and some of you have watched those videos on YouTube. I also showed how easy one of my kits went together. This time I'd like to be a little less formal but still have an educational element. Dave Shevyn of GIK acoustics has agreed to come and do a demonstration of thier panels which I think will be enough for the formal side of things. I'd really like for people to bring thier own DIY kit and introduce it with a bit of background. This doesn't have to be just full range speakers, it can be anything, I just want to promote the DIY cause really. I might have some demo units from Linn of the Exact boxes so can plug that up to my 4 ways and give a demonstration of how powerful that can be, I might even be able to persuade Linn to give me an engineer for the day. Mainly though I want it to be a coming together of like minded DIY type folk who have at least got a passing interest in full range stuff.

Certainly interested. It's nice to have a show-and-tell aspect to pick up different ideas.

I've got a few things I could bring: some Fostex FE126s (P10 modified) in some tiny passive radiator boxes, a pair of modified Behringer B3030A monitors, and a small-but-quite-nice DIY PA system.

Has the new thread gone up? If so I'll start posting over there instead.

Chris

Right, I've added the date I mentioned above to the event calendar on my site.

http://www.kjfaudio.com/event/2nd-annual-diy-speaker-event/

Can those of you who want to come pop over there and use the RSVP function at the bottom to book in, that way I've got an easy way to see how many are coming and contact you all with updates etc.

There is a comments section at the bottom of the page, if you are planning on bringing some kit could you just pop it in there, I'll curate a list or stuff and post it over to the various fora from time to time.

Stefan

Hey all, looking forward to this, there is still some room if you want to sign up, also I have enabled comments on the calendar page on my site, those of you bringing kit with you, if you could put your kit in a comment at the bottom of the page I'd appreciate that.

Things have changed very slightly, Dave Shevyn from GIK sends his apologies but cannot now make it, hopefully he'll come next year. Phillip Budd, Linn's speaker engineer is confirmed though. He'll bring over a couple of Exakt boxes, one multiway which he'll create a crossover for my 3 way speakers and one designed primarily for sub linearization which he will press into service to eq and linearize a pair of frugal horns.

Should be interesting.

Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.