Boombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone

Sorry for not replying, I've been away for a while. Didn't expect this thread to get so much replies either, thanks a lot for that!

I'm gonna let go of my crazy ideas and just stick to small fullrange drivers with a passive radiator.

I found these Soundlink Mini replicas: 40mm 4? Bluetooth Full Range Audio Speaker Stereo Loudspeaker 10W Sale - Banggood.com

These are really small though so could I put multiple of these into one enclosure to get more volume? Like 4 or 6 with a bigger passive radiator.

Thanks

1½"is a little lean, you're not going to get a lot of low notes out of that even with 6 of them, and you're not really going to trouble a passive radiator with those, go for at least a 3", and get 4, wire them in parallel for 4ohm, then you can get more juice out of your amplifier, that will be pretty loud.

God this is a fairly old thread by now but for next time I would be as minimal as possible. If you know batteries then skip the car battery and use lipo batteries. 18650 batteries have protection circuits on eBay that work and are really cheap. Also, don't go past 16 volts because it will just get too dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. For the drivers use full range if you do not know speakers that well or even go to a thrift store and purchase some old cabinet speakers for cost efficiency. Amazon has some good drivers and tweeters for no more than $20 a piece (Dayton audio and tang band have good drivers). Drivers can be underpowered, but you never want to overpower them unless you want loud distorted drivers. Same thing goes for amplifier boards, I would recommend Dayton or sure for to ensure the boom box to be loud. Other boards work, but then it becomes trial and error for the same price or sometimes more. I would use a 10-20 watt amplifier board for your first go, that way the voltage can be 12v or lower. Enclosures matter, but I would just use anything that looks cool really. Just base your build around the dimensions you find and you will be good to go.

Hi everyone

Sorry for not replying, I've been away for a while. Didn't expect this thread to get so much replies either, thanks a lot for that!

I'm gonna let go of my crazy ideas and just stick to small fullrange drivers with a passive radiator.

I found these Soundlink Mini replicas: 40mm 4? Bluetooth Full Range Audio Speaker Stereo Loudspeaker 10W Sale - Banggood.com

These are really small though so could I put multiple of these into one enclosure to get more volume? Like 4 or 6 with a bigger passive radiator.

Thanks

For multiple drivers you will need to work the impedance right and also make sure frequencies don't cancel each others so you might want to be cautious with you design. Adding speakers won't necessarily make it louder. Lowering your impedance (while remaining within the amp range of course) will - 1x4ohms speaker alone will be as loud as 2 in series creating 8ohms but less loud that if they were wired in parallel, which would create a 2ohms load. I hope it's understandable and it helps :)

I will assume your music source is via Bluetooth media..

One of these guys will work just perfect. Connect a USB cable to it with the larger Male outside of the enclosure..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32589932130.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.jpliP1

Grab a set of these and forget the passive element. Divide the enclosure in two separate areas and stuff full of fiberglass insulation..

Lanzar 5.25 Inch Two Way Car Speaker Pair Slim Mount | VX50S | Lanzar

One of these will operate the unit for at least 8 hrs..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tzumi-Pj-Solo-4000-Mo/148004877

No wires to mess with. Just connect to the battery and connect via Bluetooth..

I've been using this type of set up for over a year without an issue. I totally love the amp/Bluetooth combo..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.