"Wall-integrated" corner loaded line array with Vifa TC9 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But even buying from what looked like a better company, I got the shaft.
I got burned by Presonus a while back. with an I/O that looked amazing.

I hear your pain perceval....a number of folks have reported the same thing about Presonus I/O's.

fwiw, the Behringer UMC202HD and 404HD I/O's are often described (by even Beh bashers) as 'diamonds in the rough'

Thx for the perspective. I agree with pretty much all of it.

I ended up buying the EP4000. My hope is that it is one of the diamonds in the rough given how long it’s been around despite the newer similar models having launched and the reviews I’ve read. We’ll see how it goes.

Maybe I don’t need the power ultimately. If wesayso can get by with nCore, maybe I can too. I DIY’d a pair of NC400 to power my fronts and have been happy with them. So I suppose I could test them out if it comes to that.

Another random, but relevant update. As part of my covid project load, I finally built the cabinets and wet bar at the back of the room. Probably somewhat better than the blank wall that was there before as far as absorbing reflections goes. And I haven't noticed the instruments vibrating during high volume movie passages yet. However, I am considering taking some of my leftover rock wool and making a few panels for the back of the shelves near the top since they're not as usable as the lower ones. Maybe not worth the effort but what else am I going to do with all this rock wool?!

Attachments

• 6DA2F908-C51A-4C39-A955-3645B8CF20E8.JPG
    6DA2F908-C51A-4C39-A955-3645B8CF20E8.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 186
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.