1.5g Mms and 1.8Tesla Magnetic circuit: What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry I don't know whether I'm understand you correctly, but I think you said "if I'm reading the intention correctly, it's to minimise the baffle area to the extent that it's essentially the same size as the driver itself, which can produce interesting results. And if I'm reading the intention correctly, you address any potential issues with early reflectons coming back through the cone."
In my understanding, your understanding is correct, but I don't get what 'interesting results' indicates. Can you please build on that?

Exactly what you'd expect from almost no baffle: significantly reduced baffle diffraction effects. Still needs to be fair-shaped of course.

With all that said, if you're planning on having it up-firing as an omni-directional system (which a couple of the speakers you link to appear to be) this becomes something of a moot point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.