Building a Full-Range BMR (TEBM46C20N-4B) Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a pair of TEBM46C20N-4B BMR full-range drivers from PE long ago and put them aside. I finally got time to take action putting them in a box. I found sutiable box online. This is a plain box with a port as shown below. The net internal volume is around 1 L.

I measured each driver's free-air and delta mass (1 g) impedance for deriving TS parameters. I used them in EnclosureShop of LEAP simulation software to see how the box alignment for the existing port. TSL model of ES was used. The second graph shows SPL of 1 W and 20 W. No filling in the box was assumed. The alignment as shown is not perfect, but not too bad. The peak disappeared for rated input power. I will check the result against measurement.

Attachments

• Ready-made box.png
    Ready-made box.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 664
  • SPL_original_port.png
    SPL_original_port.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 668
I used a 60 mm holesaw to open mounting hole. The edge of the hole is chamfered at bit for good air flow. Foam gasket was placed surrounding the chassis to avoid air leak. The box was finished as shown.

Attachments

• File_001 (22).jpeg
    File_001 (22).jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 625
  • File_000 (45).jpeg
    File_000 (45).jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 599
  • hole handling.png
    hole handling.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Hi Panson,

Apparently there's not too much bass in these guys, think it's worth the effort to do a bass reflex or should I just add a woofer?

I added a passive radiator to the box shown in post #1. The passive was optimized for another project. The tuning is too low for the box.

Image below shows simulated (solid) and measured near-field (dash) SPL.

Attachments

• BMR46 PR2 SPL.PNG
    BMR46 PR2 SPL.PNG
    59.7 KB · Views: 143
I added a passive radiator to the box shown in post #1. The passive was optimized for another project. The tuning is too low for the box.

Image below shows simulated (solid) and measured near-field (dash) SPL.

I'm thinking bout trying either the TEBM46C20-4 or the newer TEBM35C10-4 with a woofer/bass module for a wide dispersion setup. Think I can get away with the anaemic bass by Xing at 200Hz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.