New little project Vifa TC9FD18-08 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2016, 07:24 AM   #1
psych0 is offline psych0  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default New little project Vifa TC9FD18-08

Hi all!
I just started a new project because the good opinions about the TC9FD18-08 fullrange speaker.
The project will be a portable speaker with good quality but I've some doubts about amplification.
I've purchase a PAM8403 board to pre-amplifier stage and a MP006 2.1 amplifier. What do you think about it? is correct to use the PAM8403 to pre-amplifier stage? will be sufficient to use with the Vifa speakers?
All of this will be connected with a bluetooth board to use with mobiles or tablets.

Thanks a lot for your opinions!
Old 13th April 2016, 10:25 AM   #2
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't think any of the 2.1 amplifiers work well. If you want BT, get an integrated solution rather than piecing it together. You will get bad noise pickup or ground loops. I suggest an integrated amp and BT likes his one. It sounds really good. There are variants with line input as well. This had buttons for play pause next track etc.

Online Shop Wireless Digital Bluetooth 4.0 TPA3116 50W+50W Audio Receiver Amplifier Board With Mic Free Shipping|Aliexpress Mobile

TC9FD is great driver but it requires a rather large volume to achieve bass. A driver like RS100-4 may be more appropriate. Also 3FE22 will provide a more compact box.

You don't need the PAM preamp - just the above amp can be fed directly from a phone via BT.
Old 13th April 2016, 01:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot xrk971!
The "problem" is the 5Vcc charger what I want to use with the amplifiers, If I design a 24Vcc amplifier need to add a DC boost converter circuit to the project... well It can be possible
Those drivers are difficult to find on my country, and in Europe too hahaha.

Thank you for your time again!
Old 14th April 2016, 07:55 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Faital Pro 3FE22 not available in Europe? Last time I checked they are made in Italy, which is not so far from Spain)

FaitalPRO | Professional Loudspeakers Made in Italy

Peter
Old 14th April 2016, 12:05 PM   #5
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually made in China and then sent to Italy for application of "made in Italy" sticker.

I would not have believed it but for a friend in China who obtained one from the OEM factory.

Still a nice driver. I guess it depends on laws that stipulate certain % of parts need to originate from Italy. It could be that VC's and spiders sent to China for final assembly?

Not to get OT but many fine drivers from Italian and Danish manufacturers now come from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc

Last edited by xrk971; 14th April 2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:29 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Yes, that is very possible. Have seen items produced in Lithuania and they glued stickers with the text "Proudly made in USA"

Still, it wouldn't be difficult to purchase Faital in Spain.....

Peter
Old 14th April 2016, 12:55 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Well it's not impossible of course but not so easy like monacor or beyma for example...
The difference between the Vifa and the Faital is more than double price, I found the Vifa for 13€ odd and the Faital is 34€
I've purchase the Wireless Digital Bluetooth 4.0 TPA3116 and the DC booster, my feedback in 45 days
Old 16th July 2016, 03:45 AM   #8
gec is offline gec  United States
diyAudio Member

Bump to see if Psycho has anything to report on his project, as I am exploring a similar small boombox idea.

Would the ND90 drivers be a good solution (aka Sprite boombox)?

I agree with XRK's recommended 2ch bluetooth amp, I have one a like it a lot - except for the loud beeps at power up and crazy volume level of the ringer if I get a call while I'm listening! Anyone know how to change that?

I actually bought one of the 2.1ch TPA3116 boards with bluetooth 4.0. It's the blue colored one (YJ - I think), that sells for about $18 on ebay. I was going to explore doing a 2.1 setup, but I was discouraged to hear that nasty digital bluetooth noise in the background when I tried it out. I've heard worse, but it's definitely noticeable. What I do like about it is the power up / pairing beeps are a comfortable volume. I wish Sanwa could get that part right.

There is a red colored 2.1ch bluetooth amp board on ebay for about $38. Anybody try it yet and have anything to report?
Old 16th July 2016, 05:21 AM   #9
Jerms is offline Jerms  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Look to Doctormord for bluetooth programming and "tweaking" of the TPA3116 and TDA7492s.

SANWU TPA3116 + CSR8635 Bluetooth 4.0 - Noise Fix

Other posts of his give more details on CSR.... chip programming etc.

I would say the ND90s - Sprite would be good for indoor and limited outdoor use. Probably not going to rock a party around a pool.... A hot tub maybe.

If you want more reliable HF above 10Khz, look elsewhere or drop some ND16s in there with a crossover.

J.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:13 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Well, sorry for this out time.. I was so lazy
The project is on again, today I go to make the box and test the speakers and the bluetooth amp without the battery and dc booster.
Maybe on Monday can tell you something, thanks for all.

Hide this!Advertise here!