Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2004, 04:41 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default rft drivers

hello,

does somebody knows something about the RFT brand speakers
i m looking for the specs of their drivers, for example the fullrange
RFT L 3401. Does anybody knows this ?

thanx a lot
bye
Old 24th February 2004, 10:17 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

nobody ?
Old 24th February 2004, 10:57 AM   #3
Rudolf is offline Rudolf  Germany
diyAudio Member

Kuei Yang Wang once played with RFT L 3401. He was not impressed. Try to ask him.

By the way: How is your German? You could get more help in some german loudspeaker forums.
Old 24th February 2004, 02:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

ich spreche ein bißchen deutsch, hahahaah

could you please give me the url of the forum

thanx a lot rudolf
Old 24th February 2004, 02:53 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

oh yeah,

does anybody knows how old philips fullrangers go ?

im looking at second hand stores now, its a lot cheaper and maybe i found something which isn t bad

thanx a lot
Old 24th February 2004, 07:35 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Some of the old RTFs are good -- RFT was a large East German OEM so there was a large spread in terms of quality.

The Philips full-ranges are quite good... the older alnicos particularily so, but the newer ceramic 5s & 6s are no slouches either.

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg philips5fr-68.jpg (30.0 KB, 568 views)
Old 24th February 2004, 07:36 PM   #7
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

and an RFT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rft6x9fr.jpg (35.3 KB, 566 views)
Old 24th February 2004, 07:40 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

thanx planet 10, but im going for the philips and the saba greencones, they dont cost much and are rather good.

at least thats what i have read about it
Old 24th February 2004, 08:03 PM   #9
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

you should have a much richer supply of both where you are...

dave
Old 24th February 2004, 09:23 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

indeed, i didnt knew that there were so good things so cheap,
i have found excellent phillips drivers, a guy sells them, there mucg better then the greencones, (he also sells his 2a3 which powered it) it wont go more then 60 euro for a pair, and the same for 8 inch greencones that are in super condition. SO thats exatly what im gonna buy, even for my borther and friends also if it works out fine for me.

But i want a sub and a supertweeter. Even if it sounds very good without. Because i like very deep bass,

BUT NOW SOME QUESTIONS

1) i want to build an woofer, i dont want cinema, i just want extreme fast, clear, transient bass respons, so i got to go for an sealed box i think. what do you think ? Which drivers i gotto buy: i need specifications, because i buy on ebay, so im depending on what they are offering. 2*8 inch of 1*12 inch ? the problem is, that i wanna make a speaker with on the botom the woofer,
the full range in open baffle and the supertweeter : just like the next picture

Click the image to open in full size.

2) the next problem is offcourse : will the enclosure of the woofer not disture to much the full range ? (i expect that the full range comes it at 100hz or even more). (so mayb it is better with one 12 inch drive then two 8 because of the hight.

3) does anyone has specs of the greencone 8 inch, or the philips 2028, dont find anything.

4)how much energy is going into the drivers, the fullrange is always very limited qua wattage, (off course its high efficency, but maybe the woofer will not be, so we will see) But just for knowing, i think a lot of the wattage is going into the woofer and less into the tweeter. Is that so ?

5)since im a beginner, im gonna put up a measure system, im gonna buy a monacor electret mircorphone, and starting measuring, what software do you use for this ?

well, every comment is more then welcome
thanx a lot guys

Hide this!Advertise here!