Fostex 103 horn questions - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2004, 02:07 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

You know, it's funny you mention that. I thought the compression chamber was unusually deep, compared to most horns. I thought about stretching the height of the enclosure and putting a false wall in there to do exactly what you suggested.

If I did, would there be any problems moving the driver up to the (vertical) middle of the compression chamber? I see many horns do that, so I would think not.

That would help me on (a) overall cosmetics (b) driver getting closer to my preferred height for seated listening and (c) more room - vs the current design - to allow space to attach a grille frame in the area above the driver.

GnD
Old 2nd March 2004, 02:30 AM   #12
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GrahamnDodder
I thought about stretching the height of the enclosure and putting a false wall in there to do exactly what you suggested.
Make the false wall at an angle... should be no problem shifting the driver up a bit.

dave
Old 2nd March 2004, 06:53 AM   #13
petervv is offline petervv  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Guys,

I've tried FE103/FE103Sigma/FE108Sigma in the backloaded horn I posted yesterday in another thread, something about 'cool Fostex horns...'

At the moment I'm using FE103Sigma's in a 200Hz Oris103 fronthorns, these are prototypes from Bert Doppenberg. I'm using sand-damping on the plastic horn. On top is a modified Audax PR120i, below is a JBL K120 in a 50Hz horn.

The result is in no way comparable to a single backloaded 103....

reagards, Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg systeem 2.jpg (26.4 KB, 479 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!