Supravox 215-2000 OB or TQWT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,i am using my speakers in open baffle for one year with addition of 40cm bass and super tweeter.İ am really happy with the result.But now,i have to change the listening room.There's no enough place at the back side of the speakers to the wall.So i have to change their cabinets.My plan is to put them to their original tqwt design "alizée" ,and add the supertweeter at the upside of the cabinet. My question,is there anyone who used and compared these speakers in these two designs? What will change when i put them in tqwt design,for example bass performance ? Or do you have any other design to suggest for this supravox model? Thanks.

GM

Joined 2003
No experience and since these drivers are very rare in the USA, you will probably have a hard time getting any answers, so have you posted on any French forums?

Regardless, no single driver cab is going to sound like/be overall as good as, a separate driver + woofer on an OB and assuming the published specs are accurate it will need some form of EQ to go low since the driver's Qts is very low to either be coupled to a high output impedance amp and/or horn alignment.

As for suggesting a design with its specs and little/no series resistance to increase Qts much, then ~84 L net tuned to each driver's actual Fs would be my choice.

If there's several ohms or more of series resistance and/or you use EQ, then a MLTL tuned to each driver's actual Fs would be my choice and you can always stuff it to mimic a TQWT.

GM

Thanks for your answer GM.Using this driver single,has great coherence in all frequencies.But as you said,i can easily notice absence of the bass if i dont use additional woofer.Actually i am not truely mad about the bass,all i want to hear is the true sound.. But i didnt use or listen any tqwt before,i dont know if the bass would be naturel or coloured. For the french forums,could you please give me some link if you know any profesional website like this ? thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.