Searching for a sensitive 12" fullrange speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone!

Im new at this forum so sorry if im not posting in the right place.

It's a simple question i got. Right now im looking for a CHEAP sensitive (+94 dB 1w/1m) fullrange 12" speaker. I dont care about the location of it. So if u have a suggestion pls tell me ^^

Philips AD12202

Hello
I prefer and use the AD12202M8 from Philips

download.jpg

You can find these on the net for about 150 to 200 euros
Good luck ;)
Enjoy
Ronny

We certainly found the 12LTA needed lotsa help to be close to musical and as refined in terms of low level detail/ resolution as most of the Alpairs, Fostex FF series, and especially the new 103SOL - worth every penny IMO. We happened to have some old Realistic versions of the FT17H on hand, and along with phase plugs, they fit the bill well enough.

But this thread is mainly about an efficient 12" that does what you expect from that size, and the 12LTA are certainly inexpensive enough to play with

Dang wish I waited an extra day as I just ordered some Betsy's to try in OB and it looks like those Fanes would have fit the bill also. Didn't know about them and nice high sens too!

Edit: Douglas at Wild Burrow was nice enough to let me cancel my order (hadn't shipped yet thankfully) So I think I will wait until I sell my fe108ez drivers and maybe then give the Fanes a try in OB or sealed etc..

>>> Ideal for house of worship installations

From Fane specs. I may need to get this driver too but it looks like the Eminence 12lta I already have... which needs a tweeter.

From some of the stuff I've read on the web people were actually quite surprised at the high freq and reaching 17-18k .. If you do an image search the Fane is much different than the LTA in that there are two whizzers on the cone etc..

Here's a link where a guy gave some impressions against some other drivers, it's some posts down on the first page:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/fane-12250tc-full-rangers_topic89634.html

Last edited:
I think a super tweet would help for dispersion.

Otherwise think 2 people wide at 11'.

You can eq it for off axis also.

I agree.. I guess the proof will be in the listening, and for me I'm not as concerned about off axis as so many are.. When I listen it's usually in a triangle and centered between the drivers etc.. When I'm up and walking around it's no big deal to me if the highs drop I just enjoy the tunes etc.. I wouldn't expect these to be critical listening drivers where every nuance can be critiqued and scrutinized, but there is freedom in that too :) These will be fun I think atop my MJK H-Frames as a different flavor from my fe108 BIB's and my little Polk bookshelf's that have been in the system for a good while now..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.