A Subjective Blind Comparison of 2in to 4in drivers - Round 4

Select the driver that you think sounds the best.

• A

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • B

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • D

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • E

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • F

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's why i wrote - decide for yourself - meaning that it should be verified. They are so similar that i wouldn't expect too much deviations in side by side measurements of frequency response. As for TS, i measured six SB17NRXC35-8 that had larger deviations than these two.

This is a hint - interested ones may or may not check it, that's all :)

BUMP

Never had a chance to use an FU10RB - but will gladly test it and add to next round if someone provides me one.

Nice looking driver, reminiscent of a ferrite motor 10F, if such a driver where available, or should I say, an alloy framed TG9FD?

Good specs too: Seas Prestige FU10RB H1600-04 4" Full Range

Just wondering, was the test on the fu10rb completed

Pleasure.

The spike in HD2 around 1.6KHz (roughly) is probably the result of a cone edge-resonance; you can see the remnants of it in TFs measurements -ironically it's a bit more obvious in Seas's own graphs. Note the fluctuation too in the impedance graph Seas publish at the same frequency -a classic sign of energy storage (aka some form of resonant issue). These are almost always associated with a rise in HD2 at that point. SB's 5in Satori units and to a slightly lesser extent, their 6in papyrus cone Satori are good examples (not knocking the MW16P -I've used it myself a number of times & it's still an excellent unit). Incidentally, you can see the same in HD4. See the spike at about the same frequency? Almost certainly a product of the minor breakup mode at about 6KHz, give or take.

Nice measurements. Looks as if the Seas unit has better far better off axis measurements over 10Khz compared to the TC9. Look forward to trying it. Cheers