Small Room Help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I think most of us frequenting and bloviating on a DIY forum would maintain that "yes, we can" build something that outperforms a commercial design for a given budget range, as well as find a design that suits and can be customized to our specific acoustic and aesthetic goals.

Spoiler alert - I'm a fan of the Mark Audio driver line in general, and the A7.3 particularly - and while my favorite of the numerous enclosures in which I've heard that model would be FH3, the Pensil is a great performer with less than half the footprint and far more placement flexibility. In a room the size under discussion I think a sub would be unnecessary.

And that's the comment I've been waiting for! Thank you.. I realise that the FH3 is a 'better' design.. probably, but I haven't the room. It's a toss up between the designs, but the Pensils seems to be the one for me in the given circumstances. Thanks again, unless someone has anything else to add?

If in relation to the driver/power (I'm not talking about the better tubes but only about their power RMS) if you want to take full advantage of their Xmax 4mm then use 40W: Art Audio Concerto MK2
This in relation to the selected Markaudio drivers (mounted in enclosure) PDF:

CHBW-70-R1 - Markaudio CHBW-70 Gen1 Wide-Range
CHP-70-P - Markaudio CHP-70 Gen2 Natural Paper

They can achieve 42/43Hz (-3dB/in room) with a standard BR/space as a reference.

The Art Audio amps are about 40 watts for the Concerto and 20 to 24 for the Jota.. any thoughts on this as well please? Do you all agree that I'll get better performance building, than with any commercial designs?
Thanks again everyone

Attachments

• aaArt Audio amps 40 watts Art Audio amps 40 watts ConcertoertoloII_S.jpg
    aaArt Audio amps 40 watts Art Audio amps 40 watts ConcertoertoloII_S.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.