How to design a cabinet for (very) small speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some 57mm mylar speakers, would like to use them in a portable speaker I can use with my guitar. I will build a simple amplifier inside - power handling of these: 1W. I don't have too much info about them so don't know where to start. I do know the resonance freq. is 400 Hz. SPL graph is attached. I currently have 2 of these but perhaps I could use 4 in a single cabinet. The material for the cabinet will be 3 or 4 mm plywood.

Attachments

• spl.JPG
    spl.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 209
Hi,

Whilst I find the SPL level hard to believe there is no
real complication to boxes for small drivers, they
are generally oversized due to high driver Q.
Sealed and stuffed 2L to 3L for 4 should be fine.

rgds, sreten.

I wish they would give some info so it would be possible to design a proper box. Q is not given, how do you know to assume it is rather high?

That's just the freq. at where ( when ) the speaker settles ( or just -set ), it's also the point where the speaker absorbs less energy, i.e. it finds its way...!!
Co-incidentally, the Fs is where also the Z peak is centered ( bell shape), so it's a matter of electrical and mechanical Q's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.